Good advice, I like my Craftsman 18 inch. As said I drain the fuel out
during the winter and replace with a little sea foam, I'll crank it over to
get the fuel out of the lines and the sea foam in them ( alot of people do
the same with sta-bil, i just prefer the sea foam). as to renting, a chain
saw is one of those tings we have in the garage we may use once or twice a
year, along with the roto-tiller, that we are glad to have when we need it,
I've had mine for 7 years and maybe used it a dozen times, But I know it's
there...

On Fri, May 10, 2013 at 9:26 PM, Scott Ritchey <ritche...@nc.rr.com> wrote:

> Sounds like any 16-18 inch consumer-grade chainsaw will fit your need.
> You'll find several types at Walmart, Lowes, etc.  Pro-grade saws will cost
> 2x-3x the price of the homeowner stuff.  Whatever you get: (1) don't store
> it with fuel in the tank (or you'll need to replace the carb), (2) don't
> use
> old fuel; store your fuel-oil mix in a small can for that reason, (3)
> agitate the fuel can before pouring and agitate the saw before using, and
> (5) buy a file (in the correct size) to sharpen the chain.
>
> Scott

Trent Fiorini
BuyMBparts, Inc.
1-800-741-5252