Randy Bennell wrote:
On 16/05/2013 8:29 AM, Jaime Kopchinski wrote:
Why so much negativity?

The new S class has an impressive set of new features, especially safety
related. Check out the full press release. It goes on and on. As usual,
the S class sets the standard for high end luxury cars.

People with $100k+ to spend on a car expect the most modern car available.
And that what they'll get.

Jaime

We are bottom feeders.
We won't like the new cars for 10 to 20 years.
Then, if we are still around (and if the new cars survive that long) we will think they are great.

I loved the W116 300SD when I first heard of it, about the time I was in driver's education. If only my parents would have been willing to trade their 3 year old custom built home for one and give it to me for my 16th birthday. (well, actually they paid 1/4 more for the house than a SD cost back then) Thinking back on it, it's not surprising that a '79 SD was the first MBZ I ever bought, more than 20 years later.

I think I always liked the W124. I know I really liked the W201 when it came
out.

You accurately described my feelings about the bug eyed 210 chassis with all its gimmicks and digital displays. I always hated the W210 before it fell into my price range. Now I don't really think it's great, but I do like it, as long as the front suspension isn't falling apart. (but I do hate the failing 210 climate control and radio LCD displays more than I hate the failing 124 and 201 outside temperature displays)

Mitch.