I concur.   Fire has its place.  The issue Max points out is that by inhibiting
the natural process of fires, in an attempt to save the pretty trees, the fuel
load increases to the point that a forest that evolved to handle fires becomes
one that is now killed by fires.  The fuel load increases the intensity of the
fire to the point that trees explode, instead of having their bark take the
lesser fires it evolved with.  SO a managed forest becomes an inferno instead
of a place where fire culls the under story, allows for more light and the
addition of useful carbon into the soil, while removing pests and providing
fresh forage for residents.    What the goobermint was trying to avoid becomes
the reality.

clay