On 07/06/2013 11:28 AM, Craig wrote:
On Fri, 07 Jun 2013 10:55:17 -0500 Randy Bennell <rbenn...@bennell.ca>
wrote:

Lowe's and Menard's do pretty well on that sort of thing too. I am
amazed at what there is in those cabinets.
I need to find some small screws for the gauges on the oxy acet (how
does one spell that other gas?)
Acetylene -- see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acetylene

Best part is we own the tanks. Don't use them enough to justify renting
tanks so it was nice to get a set that won't matter in that regard.
Tanks are something like 30 to 36 inches tall so not the wee ones but
not the full sized ones either.
I own a wee acetylene tank. I also own an oxygen tank. In getting a wee
one filled in Colorado Springs, the supplier gave me a mid-sized one, so
that's what I now have. In using the setup for cutting steel, one uses
more oxygen than acetylene, so that works out well.

Craig

Yes, usually the oxy tank is bigger.
My father had a set and owned the black tank but not the red one.
We sold them shortly after his passing as I did not think I needed them.
My son Tom is a mechanic so he uses that sort of thing all the time to persuade rusted bolts etc. When he mentioned that uncle Al had numerous rigs and had offered him one, I elected to pay half and we now have them.
Need to get them filled so we could use them.
I would like to pick up some more parts as well. The only thing we have is the cutting torch. Tom says that works fine for heating things and we don't need the others unless I want to weld with it. Still would be good to have around.

Randy