On Jun 7, 2013, at 11:05 AM, "Dan Penoff" <d...@penoff.com> wrote:

> My brother got a one owner driven by an old lady to church Lexus LS300 or 400
> a year or so ago. I rode in it last time I was there.
>
> Very MB-like in that the ride and car were very solid, controls were well
> thought out, etc.

I had read somewhere that the Lexus LS400 sedan was copied after the w126.
Toyota bought one, took it apart bolt by bolt, and copied the suspension, etc.
Not sure if there is any truth to that, but it does sound plausible. The
Japanese were notorious for copying successful designs in the seventies and
eighties, to the point of having lawsuits filed against them in some instances.

A low milage Lexus LS400 would be a fine transportation appliance.

Rick
Sent from my iPhone