USAA Credit Card Services is handling mine right now, and they've posted a credit of $267.79 in my account to cover the fraudulent charges. They're trying to get the money from him, but even if they don't get the money from him, I can't imagine any way that they could find me at fault. (Parts ordered via phone 31 May, credit card debited 1 Jun, no invoice nor parts received; tried to reach him many times via his phone answering machine, answering service, FAX and registered mail and have gotten no response.) That being the case, I still get my money back. A court then would say I have no "damages." USAA's case may take 60 days or so. I think the IL Attorney General needs to be made aware of his practices, though.

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: "Rich Thomas" <richthomas79td...@constructivity.net>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Monday, June 24, 2013 5:22 PM
Subject: [MBZ] Going after Trent

I called the Sterling, IL poleeces and asked how to file some charges against this guy. The girl I spoke to said I would have to deal with my local poleeces. I contacted a Capt in the Sheriff's Office, he put one of his guys on it. His guy says:

   My apologies sir for the delay.  We have encountered something
   similar in the past and conferred with the Solicitor's Office. The
   incident location for which the crime occurred is the location where
   the funds were misappropriated.  From the information below provided
   by Mr. Thomas, the jurisdiction in Sterling, Illinois, should be
   investigating the matter.

I know 3 or 4 of us here on this list got screwed by this guy, and there are others out there too that Jabba has heard from (I ordered a load of stuff from him today). I am thinking that if the local poleeces do not want to chase after this guy, we need to get a list of people and amounts lost (whether our banks/CC companies recover or whatever) as he is basically robbing us. Note too that it is a federal crime (interstate wire, etc.) but I doubt if there would be any interest from the feds on this guy.

If I got that info I would contact the local prosecutor/ police chief, and whomever else with the collected complaint. That would get their attention I might think. I pinged my Sheriff contact to see if he had a chance to call the Sterling IL PD and asked if he could get someone there as a contact.

If anyone wants to join in, send me a private msg and I will compile a list. If Jabba can get some others he is in contact with, that would make several people with the same complaint.

Or if any of you want to call directly:

Sterling Police Department
Address: 212 3rd Ave # 3, Sterling, IL 61081
Phone:(815) 632-6640

--R