Curt Raymond <curtlud...@yahoo.com> writes:

> He only owes me maybe $10 or $15, not worth my time. Wilton seems like
> he's out the most money although the CC company will do the work for
> him.

I would suggest that everyone will be far better served by following
this approach than trying to press matters through law enforecement
channels.

The police are not going to recover your money.  At best, they will
investigate and refer the case to a local prosecutor if there seems to
be probable cause.  The prosecutor may or may not take up the case.  You
will then need to engage (and pay for) an attorney to represent you in
any court case.  And this presumes there are actually any assets and no
creditors in line ahead of you.

Just let the credit card company handle it.  The process you want to ask
about is called a "chargeback."  They have lawyers on staff who will
deal with collection, if indeed there is anything to be recovered.

--
Allan Streib