I feel your pain.  What we now have is "The Consolidated Republican And
Progressive party .... also known as C.R.A.P. now in control of Congress...

In short.. CRAP runs Congress...

I would like to suggest we have a Constitutional Amendment that requires
Congress to pass and maintain a Balanced Budget based on the taxes
collected 5 yrs ago.. and it is required to maintain a 5 year surplus
[rolling forward each year] as a war reserve.

Failure to pass a balanced budget should result in Congress being disbanded
and all members prohibited for life from holding public office again.
Replacement elections to be held within 60 days of dismissal.

Further, I suggest the President be given line item veto, to allow the
Administration Branch to actually "Administrate" and stop endless pork
being added into bills before Congress.

Term limits should be at most 2 terms, followed by a lifetime bar there
after.

But.... "What difference does it make"
Grant...