I watched a great linguine alla vongole recipe on a TV cooking show that
actually threw the pasta into the saucepan with the sauce, which had
sufficient liquid to be absorbed by the linguine.  This avoided the need to
cook the pasta separately and better yet, the sauce soaked into the pasta.
I think the clams got thrown in at the end so as not to overcook.  Anyone
have this recipe, because I can't find one like it.  They all cook the
linguine separately in water.