I guess I should have caveated that "drool"  doesn't mean I was gonna go buy
it, or that I was interested in any of  the cars on the list. I do think it
looks very nice, but I will admit,  i HAD thought of buying one in the past and
your comments have sort of  nixed that little dream.

  Funny, I really like some sporty looking MB's, but I open the hood and  see
spark plugs and wires and the excitement goes away. I doubt I will  EVER buy a
non-diesel car again.

  Now, 300CD (also can be a money pit), but gaining value and very sweet -
would take that over 450 SLC.

  Chris

andrew strasfogel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:  Chris, I have spend $$$$s
restoring a rusty 78 SLC and although the prior
spouse and I felt it was a pretty car (gray-blue with a parchment interior),
it simply didn't last due to rust issues and the 200K mile limit on the
valves in that gas guzzling V8 engine.  Also, their declining market value
makes it an unwise car to attempt to restore.  For these reasons, you ought
to be able to find a decent beater for $3K.

On 1/9/06, Christopher McCann  wrote:

> they look really cool, IMO
>
> Chris
>
> andrew strasfogel  wrote:  Why would anyone drool
> over a money pit car like an SL C?  They are commonly
> available and dirt cheap, and their value seems only to be heading in a
> downward spiral.
>
> On 1/8/06, Werner Fehlauer  wrote:
> >
> > That 560 SEC sounds like what Kaleb needs - he's got a lot of spares,
> and
> > its a great one/two person car!
> > Werner

 Ring in the New Year with Photo Calendars. Add photos, events, holidays,
whatever.