Check with Acorn Foreign Auto Parts in Houston, just off 290. They usually have engines/trannies, etc. and a short hop from Austin. 713.682.0623. Prices are sorta reasonable, and the guy will dicker a bit.

--R

Gary Thompson wrote:

The only pick and pull with a reasonable selection of MBs in Austin is
Capitol City Imports down on South Congress. Unfortunately, though, the
engines/transmissions are usually the first thing to go when they get new
cars in. I have yet see them have a 617 or a 722.3xx in stock when I was
down there. Lots of other good stuff. They even had 3 coupes last time I
went by! They just recently stopped letting you wander the yard by yourself.
Bummer. You can still get back there, but only with one of their guys, and
you have to have a good idea what you're going for (preferrably something
expensive enough to make it worth their while). Also helps if you speak
Spanish.

I've not heard of any good places in San Antonio.

I've heard from others that there are a couple of good yards in the Dallas
area, but when I'm up there, my wife usually has other plans :^(   "How come
I have to go to the Galleria and you don't have to go to the salvage yard?"

Gary Thompson
Georgetown, TX
1995 E320