Have you been paying attention to the studies into why Finland has such
great student outcomes? Seems to be a result of making entrance to teachers
college very selective, and paying them like professionals instead serfs.
Somehow, they've instilled a desire for education in the populace. Finland
was having a collapsing economy and decided that poor education was a major
contributing factor, and something that they could do something about. The
results have been positive.

--
OK Don
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary