Hey, thanks for the clarification, but isn't there a distinct term for
assigning attributes of living entities to the non-living? e.g. "That
cloud looks like a fuzzy bunny" or "those two roundish rocks look
rather buxom"  My greek and latin etymology is a tad rusty these days.

On 1/11/06, Lee Einer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Anthropomorphism is the attribution of human characteristics to
> non-humans. Technomorphism would be the attribution of technological
> aspects to non-technological entities. Calling your car "Brunhilda" is
> anthropomorphic; observing that your aunt Brunhilda is built like a
> sherman tank is technomorphic.

Casey
Olympia, WA
Biodiesel: "I drive in a persistent vegetative state"
'87 300TD intercooler (211k)
'84 300D (207k)
Gashuffer:
'89 Vanagon Wolfsburg Edition (186K)