"Hammer" is an antropomorphism...sounds more like toolpomorphism.

  I'm not. It's traditional to name machines of all types becuase,  although
not human, they take on what could be called a personality or
temperment...they have quirks, you can predict their behavior in  certain
circumstances and there is definitely a bond that develops  between a man and a
machine that serves him well. It doesn't mean you  think of your car as a
person...which is something MANY pet owners do.  Have yet to see that in a car
owner.

  Chris

andrew strasfogel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:  Sorry to dissent, but I am
opposed to the silly anthropomorphism of naming
cars , e.g. "gertrude", "Brunhilde", Otto, "Hammer", etc.  Dogs yes, cars
no.

On 1/11/06, Donald Snook  wrote:

> Marshall wrote:
>

> A 300SDL should be faster than ANY 617.95 powered Mercedes ever made! If
>

> it's not, the engine is broken and needs to be fixed! A 124 or 201
>
> turbodiesel will be a little faster.
>

> Sorry, when I said 3.0 I was talking about my new purchase. It is a
> 300SEL  with the 103 (gas 3.0).  I haven't driven it, I just thought it
> might be a little gutless in that big of a car.
>

> Donald H. Snook
>
> McDonald, Tinker, Skaer, Quinn & Herrington, P.A.
>
> 300 West Douglas
>
> P.O. Box 207
>
> Wichita, Kansas 67201 0207
>
> Tel. (316) 263-5851
>
> This confidential message may be subject to the attorney-client
> privilege or protected by the attorney work-product doctrine. If you
> have recieved this message in error, please delete it and notify me.

Christopher McCann, Squier Park, Kansas City, Missouri
-2005 Blue Point Siamese, "Rose"
-1987 300TD, 151K, "Rotkäppchen"
-1985 300SD, 210K, "Wulf"
-1976 240D, ?K, "AKP-Wagen" (Alternativen Kraftstoffs Prüfenlastwagen)
-1972 Jacobsen 21" Turbo Vent
-1971 Case 222 Hydrive, 12HP Kohler, 38" deck, Snowcaster, "One Banger"

Yahoo! Photos