Larry wrote:
> There's an excellent book called "The Marketing of Evil" which tells how
> modern marketing techniques were (are) used to change the debate on
> everything...

We are a coliseum spectator culture.  Check out the local mega-church
or stadium or school or shopping center.  We are a culture that loves
to stand in line for the best deal and wait and wait along with
hundreds to observe and watch, but never participate.  Does this sound
much like Rome or Greece?
I recall watching video in 1980 Reagan election about abortion.  The
showing was early afternoon and I was emotionally exhausted driving
home after watching the realities of abortion - totally heinous in
medical setting.  Back alley has to be equally as heinous and worse.
Life is worth it, but we all die... however that fits...
mao