Lee heard:

"the service tech
explaining to a young lady with a new bug that yes, it was just her
headlight bulb that was burned out, but that in order to get to it they
had to dismantle the front trim and sheet metal and the labor would be
$175. That just ain't right."

I had to get that done. It is a royal PITA the service guy told me. Things had to be removed in the engine compartment to get to the bulb. They hate doing it. The charge was $46, however.What was really neat was that the day after I had mine replaced, it was burnt out again. I took it back and they wanted to charge me $46 again to change it out...until I started to question weather or not the ham-handed tech was touching the bulb with his dirty paws as he was installing it. They figured out Bubba was touching the bulbs as he was putting them in and the had a rash of immediate failures, but most people were just repaying the $46. Not me, by gawd. I got the second bulb installed for free...and a car wash too!.

Bob Rentfro
'77 300D 147K
'01 Beetle TDI 59K
Litchfield Park, AZ