I have an Inspiron 4000 that I bought from an acquaintance after the
screen/top hinge broke on one side. Bought new hinges off of eBay, and
replaced them. We used to buy Compaq laptops at work, and I've taken a
few apart for various reasons over the years. I couldn't believe the
difference in construction between the two brands! I'm surprised the
Dell lasted as long as it did. Definitely the Korean car equivalent.

--
OK Don, KD5NRO
Norman, OK