I have had great success with a product called TriFlo.  It is a mixture of
teflon particles and a liquid carrier agent in a spray can, the liquid
evaporates leaving the tiny teflon particles behind to lubricate.  The
advantage is, it leaves nothing to collect or attract dirt and dust.

The liquid part also carries away the debris sort like brake cleaner, with
good success. Since the lock or small part is left coated with teflon, it
doesn't freeze or clog [well in a perfect world, of course].

I was first introduced to it over 20 yrs ago racing dirt bikes. It worked
well under those harsh conditions and I've used it since for all kinds of
things.