in '85, a factory alarm was an option on the 300D, and it's activated by the key in either door. i'm not familiar with the construction of the internals of the key mechanism, but i do recall being told not to use graphite in that tumbler due to its electrical conductivity.

ours has the alarm; it still works quite well. only problem we've had with it is when the hood sensor is knocked out of position by the valve cover during valve adjustments and not repositioned correctly. (naturally, this creates a problem that only surfaces with the alarm going off in the coldest part of the night...)

cheers!