I bought a new '80 240D; had it 18 years before uninsured motorist on ragged pickup totaled it. Don't remember ever replacing fog bulb in it.

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mitch Haley" <m...@voyager.net>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Wednesday, April 23, 2014 11:12 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] 123 fog lights

arche...@embarqmail.com wrote:
That's what I have, Roger. The lamp is like a large bulb with vacuum or some kind of gas sealed inside. When they first came out in the _(40s-50s?) there was a small bulb inside the sealed lamp. Later there was no bulb; just the filament inside the large lamp. There are three prongs on the back that plug into the typical three prong female plug.

OK, who here bought a 123 new, and kept it long enough to have to replace a fog lamp (bulb)?
Wilton?

Mitch.

All posts are the result of individual contributors and as such, those individuals are responsible for the content of the post. The list owner has no control over the content of the messages of each contributor.