Fmiser wrote:

Gerry wrote:

I wonder if there are both sealed beam and bulb in housing lamps
by different manufacturers that fit the standard 123
headlight/fog light assembly?

I guess that's possible.

I thought the headlamps were standard 7" round DOT types, and the fog lamps were interchangeable with the 5 3/4" DOT headlamps you'd find on a W116 or R107? I suspect I'd put W116 style fog lights under the bumper and driving lights in the fog light sockets if I had a W123.

Mitch.