Sent: Friday, January 20, 2006 8:15 AM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Premium Gas or Not?

On Jan 19, 2006, at 4:02 PM, Tom Hargrave wrote:

I wonder if the 420SEL or 560SEL will run on less than premium and
if so,
what is the minimum octane rating that these engines will run? I
run a lot
of miles  /year and I've started to see some deals with both cars.

Thanks,
Tom Hargrave

You could probably screw around with ignition timing and get away
with 87 octane. You'll lose a little power but that's the way the
cookie crumbles.

Johnny B
iMac therefore I am