Thanks for the explanation. I have to do this someday. I want to sell the vinyl while it is still worth something.

Original Message From: Curly McLain via Mercedes
Sent: Wednesday, December 3, 2014 7:53 PM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Reply To: Curly McLain
Subject: Re: [MBZ] OT: Transcoding LPs to Digital

 > The EAC would be used in place >of Audacity?

In addition to. Audacity is used to create wav (analog) files from the vinyl records. EAC (Exact Audio Copy) is used to convert the wav files to mp3, flac, etc. digital files. I have used EAC for converting (ripping) cd's to digital form. I have not used it to convert wav files from vinyl, but I am pretty sure it can be done. Currently Greg is using Sound Forge software to convert the analog files to digital.

I like EAC because it was created by a German. :)

And it works very well. Some audiophiles insist on have cue sheets to go along with their rips, and EAC will create those as well. If I wasn't hard of hearing, I would be more into the audiophile stuff. My range of hearing is somewhat limited, and I have tinnitus.
Rick
"Huh?" "what?" "Why does everyone mumble?"

_______