> > Curly McLain wrote:
> >
> > The EAC would be used in place of Audacity?‎

> Rick wrote:
>
> In addition to. Audacity is used to create wav (analog) files
> from the vinyl records. EAC (Exact Audio Copy) is used to convert
> the wav files to mp3, flac, etc. digital files. I have used EAC
> for converting (ripping) cd's to digital form. I have not used it
> to convert wav files from vinyl, but I am pretty sure it can be
> done.

No point in that.  Audacity can export an FLAC.  EAC excels in
ripping CDs.

I don't like using Audacity for recording, but it works - and
playing an LP is a very repeatable action if the Audacity recording
fails.

> Currently Greg is using Sound Forge software to convert the
> analog files to digital.

No, he is using the turntables A/D converter to make the analog
into digital files and recording them in Audacity.  He then makes a
digital copy and edits that in Sound Forge.  Finally, he's using
Sound Forge to compress it to an MP3.

--   Philip, sending this to Rick and Curly 'cause he don't think
     the list is letting his messages through.