Andrew,

The article that I think Curt posted several days ago about experiencing
"relentless inundation of coastal areas,
such as Miami" (your words) included a key bit of information that perhaps you
missed.  When the everglades were drained, the elevation in the area dropped by
seven feet.  The same article didn't give any data about how much the seas have
risen.  Drawing the conclusion that Miami is suffering salt water contamination
because of global warming defies common sense.  Drained everglades => the land
sunk seven feet.  That's their problem!

A little observation, knowledge, and critical thinking go a long way.

You were trained as a geologist I believe.  I suspect that if you applied some
research and critical thinking to the recent geological history of NYC and
Boston, you would find there are other documented factors that explain any
observed "seas rising" phenomena.
--
Max Dillon
Charleston SC