Dimitri.WARNING.
This is just an opinion.The head probably will not have been re-engineered to
accept different types of bolts.The bolts went from torque-to-spec to torque to
yield. In effect the old bolts became rigid under tension and the later ones
retained some "springy-ness"Provided that the used 12 point bolts are within
spec and not cracked, I'd re-use them after cleaning the block threads
thoroughly and hand fitting them to ensure smooth fitment.Have you matched the
head/gaskets to the olde and new parts?YMMV.

Fred Moir.Lynn MA.Diesel preferred.