Check brushes in alternator...

Trampas

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Dave M.
Sent: Thursday, January 26, 2006 6:40 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Preventive Maintenance

Hi Don,

Drain the diff while hot. Remove the FILL plug first, to make sure it
will come out, before you remove the drain plug! Refill with Mobil-1
(of course). Schedule a change every 30-60kmi, depending on your
preference.

For power steering, I'd use the OE Mercedes fluid, and change the
filter while you're at it. Suck the reservoir dry, remove filter. Fill
with fresh fluid (will take maybe 1/2 quart at most), run engine &
turn wheels lock to lock several times. Repeat. Do this about 4 times
so you've run 2 bottle of fluid through, and you'll have about 90% new
fluid in the system. Install new filter. Check level the next day when
hot.

A wheel bearing repack wouldn't hurt, but it's a tedious job if you're
fastidious like me. Use the OE dealer "neon green" grease, comes in a
150g tube, enough for both front wheels. Oh, I'd also replace any
coolant hoses that are original - cheap insurance. After that, get
some new muffler bearings and convert to synthetic headlight fluid,
and you're all set!

=)

-Dave M.