No inflation means you never get a raise...
If wood has only doubled in price in the last 20 years that's pretty good, look
at the price of cars...

Curt

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Tue, Nov 10, 2015 at 12:45 AM, archer75--- via
Mercedes<mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:
> > GEORGE TALES - THE SCROUNGER
> > By Wilton Strickland, Lt Col, USAF (Ret)

> > The boys were terribly embarrassed that a friend might see
> > them helping Dad scrounge salvaged material.  I told them, "Your
> > friends are not even near this area, so don't be concerned about it,
> > and think about this.  For every stud you put in the van, that's 50
> > cents we're getting for nothing."
>
> Boy, don't we all wish studs were still 50 cents now!
> Craig

So true! Bought them for a dollar 20 years ago. $2.00 now.
When the U.S. was on the real gold standard there was no inflation, but that
was around 80-100 years ago. I think Switzerland is still (sort of) on the gold
standard.
Gerry