I think you are not a dealer.  Your sale at a loss is one of the loopholes.
Small number of guns sold also exempts.

Seattle idiots voted in a tax on guns and ammo this year.  $25 per gun, 0.05
per round is what we got.  Guess where the gun shops are going.  OUT OF TOWN.
With fewer vendors, there is reduced tax, which the sponsors were betting on
filling their coffers.   The pawn shops will probably decide to get out of the
gun business.  Stolen guns will come in, while legit weapons become scarce.

Me, I am ordering ammo online

clay