Curt sez:
The pendulum swings both ways. I honestly thought the Republicans would let government shut down which would have been the kiss of death for them...

Then how come nearly every time the gooberment was shut down, the R gained seats int he next election? Methinks you've been listening to the "brains" on the telly, not checking facts.

In any rate we the people need to understand that government isn't really about doing things, the best times we've ever had were generally during times when the government was deadlocked and couldn't accomplish anything. Thats "the process" actually at work.

Yes, Amen

A maoism: >From what I've seen our politicians need to look up the definition of the word "compromise".

One side rolls over and plays dead, the other side will never compromise. That is why there is no compromise. Obumster got more than asked for in the new budget. Who didn't compromise?

-Curt