I'm in eastern NC (sort of southern); 'been using Michelins 45 years; no problem with 'em I've known of. Am I that lucky? Maybe I oughtta play the lottery.

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dan Penoff via Mercedes" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Cc: "Dan Penoff" <d...@penoff.com>
Sent: Tuesday, February 16, 2016 6:45 AM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] tires

My local tire guy is a former Michelin factory rep. He's never come out and said it directly, but he often points out issues common to Michelins and has never recommended them.

When I got the S430 I noticed the front tires (Michelins) looked dry rotted. I checked the dates on both and they were only about a year old. I had him look at them.

"Yeah, they're dry rotting. They're good for maybe another year."

He explained that this is a common condition for Michelins in southern climates.

I think the big tires on the SL500 are Hankooks. They have worked great and barely worn in almost 10,000 miles. They were reasonably priced considering the choices were limited in these sizes but weren't the cheapest. About $1,000 for the whole car. I don't recall the exact sizes. But they are 18"x8" and 9".

Dan

Sent from my iPad