      From: Curly McLain via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
 To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Cc: Curly McLain <126die...@gmail.com>
 Sent: Tuesday, April 12, 2016 7:58 PM
 Subject: [MBZ] Alternator

POSitive, (87 300D), is about ready again for the
maiden voyage.  I did not work on it much in the
past 2-3 months.  The console is back in.  The
(cheep Paké) radio is in.  The Speedo works.
(thanks Dan)  The tach does not.  Signal to the
EDS Computer, tried 3 different computers and one
different tach.

ALTERNATOR QUESTION

With the battery hooked up, there is about a 3
amp draw on the battery.  With the car running, I
get 9 V across the terminals.  With the battery
unhooked, the battery measures 13.1 V.

If a diode is bad, how much current draw would
there be?  Last time I checked it a few months
ago, I got something like 13.6 v with the engine
running.  I thought that was low, and figured the
alt may be on the way out.

Either way, anyhow, I think I am in the market for an Alt.

Next projects:
replace passenger seat (plug in and bolt down)
Alt
change/flush coolant
replace rear wheel carriers/parking brake cables/parking brakes/rear brakes
Check out front brake pads/sensors