I did not know there was a meaning other than relating to lubrication (in a
machine type sense not in a sexual sense).  So, I didn't learn a new word, but
I learned a new definition for that word!

I like interesting words. Especially words that can actually be used in normal
conversation.  Obviously there are lots of weird technical words for things
that I would never use and that is an enormous list, but that's a lot more
difficult than finding words that can be used conversationally.  For example:

Simultaneity -- Learned that one in law school in a Wills and Estate class
where the fact pattern involved a married couple each with a Will and we had to
analyze the simultaneity of their deaths Legerdemain -- opposing counsel used
this in a brief to describe the sleight of hand of my legal argument -- I was a
little insulted, but I won!
Jocular
Assiduous
Abjure
Corpulent
Brobdingnagian - I heard this on Big Bang Theory and read of review of the new
Ford Super Duty truck and they used it too!
Antediluvian
Superannuated
Enmity
Vitriol (or vitriolic)
Axiomatic (I use this often!)
Piscatorial -- don't tell an Oklahoma fisherman that you admire his piscatorial
aptitude unless you know him.  He might think those are fighting words!
Truculent
Nadir
Predilection
Commensalism

One of my favorite sounding words is exsanguinate. Of course, it sounds
interesting, but its meaning is pretty awful.

I did learn a lesson in making sure I know what a word means before I use it.
I heard the word pederast before and I knew it was some sort of an insult.
But, I once called someone that without knowing what it really meant.   Be
careful, that's a real insult.

Don Snook