Uhh, always? Never had a failure, still works 35 years later...
Curt

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Tue, Dec 20, 2016 at 11:31 PM, fmiser via Mercedes<mercedes@okiebenz.com>
wrote:   > Curt wrote:

> ... my first computer, the TI99/4A. ...I casually mentioned that
> my first computer had 16KB of RAM and we saved programs to audio
> tape. ... The younger folks didn't believe you could save
> programs to audio tape so we had a learning moment...

Sure!  You could _save_ the program to audio tape - but how often
were you able to _load_ from audio tape?  In that respect, the TI
was pretty weak.  We had better luck with reel-to-reel at higher
tape speeds than with cassette, but it was still not very dependable.