Same way to start the cummins 504 or trippple nnnickel. 2 people or spray the ether and run around quick, climb in ant try to get it to light with whatever ether is left. Method 2 takes much more ether. same procedure on direct injection engines in general. JD 1530 had a little fixture you screw a can of ether in to. push up the can and hit the starter. that thing sounded like the head was going to fly apart, but no damage over 40 years and enough hours it had to be overhauled.

Curt Raymond via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>
December 19, 2016 at 4:22 PM
I've been thinking a lot about groomer videos, the Pisten Bully is quite a machine. You'll be horrified with the cold start procedure we use though. Heres a hint, it involves me spraying ether while Ben cranks the machine. No glow plugs so no disaster. Theres an ether pump next to the driver's seat, its disconnected, I suspect the line is broken. Where would you buy liquid ether anyway?
-Curt