I wouldn't know on that as the first windows machine I had was a 256 non IBM. It had a massive 5MB hard drive and 5.5 floppy. Wow, I was in heaven! Even had a modem though I think it was only 2,500 baud. Still another thing the Apple never had and a lot more then the 16KB of memory that came with the Apple I think all of 650KB. Times sure have changed.

Manfred

Jim Cathey wrote:
I think the last machine to come out with a cassette interface was the IBM
PC.

The modulation and data formats had a lot to do with reliability.  No two
machines
(brand) used the same system.  Some worked better than others.

-- Jim