Man, I hate to say this, but I would leave this to a professional since it’s a
structural issue.  If you get a home inspector in there for a potential buyer
and they find repairs that are structural in nature that haven’t been done
properly, they’re going to bolt and in a big hurry.  Then you have it on record
that there are structural issues.  Makes it all the more difficult to
market/sell.

What’s the alternative?  “Fixer-upper?"

Just my $0.02.