I agree with most of what you say, however, when you’re talking about a house
and the potential liability of an improper repair that could come back and bite
you (if not discovered prior to the sale) it’s cheaper in my mind to shift the
liability to someone else.

And, if you don’t disclose it at the time of sale and an inspection reveals it,
you may have a big (legal) problem on your hands.  Your wife is a realtor or
held a realtor’s license.  She should know all about disclosure and the risks
involved.

Taken directly from Oklahoma Title 60, O.S. Section 831 et seq.:

Definition:  “Defect” means a condition, malfunction or problem that would have
a materially adverse effect on the monetary value of the property, or that
would impair the health or safety of future occupants of the property;

And;

Section 837. Remedies:  “The sole and exclusive civil remedy at common law or
otherwise for a failure under subsection a of this section by the seller or the
real estate licensee shall be an action for actual damages, including the cost
of repairing the defect suffered by the purchaser as a result of a defect
existing in the property as of the date of acceptance by the seller of an offer
to purchase and shall not include the remedy of exemplary damages.

c. any action brought under this act shall be commenced within two (2) years
after the date of transfer of real property subject to this act.

d. in any civil action brought under this act, the prevailing party shall be
allowed court costs and a reasonable attorney fee to be set by the court and to
be collected as costs.”

So if you half-ass it and the buyers find out, they have two years to come
after you.  You’ll pay all of their litigation costs when the dust settles, too.

I’m just sayin'….