Probably too late to go after them, based on what the law says.  And shame on
Kaleb for buying a house without an inspection.  Even more so since his wife
was/is a realtor.

In fairness, however, we bought our first house without an inspection and in
hindsight had we had it inspected we would never have bought it.  Hard lesson
to learn but one we never ignored again.  If the market hadn’t been crazy when
we sold and me having had the ability to do all the repairs we would have been
in a real pickle.

-D