Thanks Max =

I ended up with extra covers and some other extra parts. That reminds me, I need to look through my spare parts container and find the needed parts.

Speaking of vacuum tubing and the hose needed to connect them - I bought a meter of each (or maybe 1/2 a meter) - making enough hose and tubing to last forever. I seem to recall there being 2 sizes of hose and tubing but may be wrong.

I assume that little green canister like thing that was disconnected is some kind of device to smooth the delivery of vacuum and provide consistent vacuum? I need to browse the WSM files to see if I can locate the vacuum control system. I know I saw it in the W123 WSM - not so sure about the W124...

The fun never ends ;-)