Marshall used to warn that there was a small chance that the pre-chamber
would crack, effectively turning the engine into a doorstop.

Max's deconstruction of that:  I think the danger is that the ether could
combust too early in the compression stroke, and it would combust in the
cylinder and flow into the pre-chamber (reverse of how the engine was
designed to work), and the combination of the two (early and in reverse)
would cause the damage.

Of course if you had that bald kid from "Fury Road" as your mech, he would
crawl under the hood with a wrench and have that fixed in about five
minutes.

Max
Charleston SC