I’m not sure what Florida will do if there is no title.  If the car was exempt
from a title in the Carolinas it might not matter.  What’s going to happen is
that Florida is going to look up the VIN and see where it’s from and who’s
shown as the owner.  If that doesn’t match what you have you’re going to have
trouble.

The alternative is to have the title “washed” by one of the title services you
see listed in Hemmings and other places that deal in classic and vintage cars.
It will probably cost you a good $1000 to do.

If you have the time you might want to call the tax collector’s office in your
county and talk to someone about it.  If you go into the tax collector cold
you’re liable to come out without a title and be very unhappy.

Dan - been there, done that in Florida