get him to spend the bucks tomorrow to get the title in his name. Then he can sell it. Then you can buy it. Maybe even offer to pay the title fee for him as part of the sale.

If you "skip a generation" then you have to be sure the title does not have his name as the buyer and does have the seller signed off. then with the bill of sale, you might be ok, unless you need to show a bill of sale for tax purposes, in which case the bill of sale seller needs to match the title seller.

Kyle Arola via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>
March 1, 2017 at 1:47 PM
The problem is the current "owner" has the title, in the previous owners
name. Never transferred to his ownership in Florida. He is telling me
that I just "pretend" that I just purchased the car from the Carolina
dude. I don't know if the Carolina (north or south I do not know) title
has a date on it or not, I just hate when people do things like this
half-assed. I replied to Jerry that I would expect a bill of sale from him
regardless of the state of the title. I do not want to drive home with a
"stolen" car on my trailer....

Kyle