Yup, I did some work on the 300SEL today…Low impact day today after all the
major gains yesterday.

After reading a thread on setting the duty cycle, I realized I have a tester
for the diagnostic codes that I had been using on my W140 cars before I got a
DAS/XENTRY system.

Went out and dumped codes on the 300SEL. Pretty much all stuff I figured I
would see based on it probably never having been cleared, or if it was, not in
many years. I'm going to drive it to work tomorrow, a good 40 mile round trip
about 50-50 highway/city and check it again when I get home to see if any codes
get thrown.

Went out this afternoon with a can of DeOxIt and a red straw. Popped the
buttons off the seat adjuster switches, gave them all a good shot of DeOxIt and
then worked the heck out of them. Some had been a little touchy as far as
working I had noticed, so I figured the switches probably needed a good
cleaning.

I'm going to go out a little later and put the code tester on my 1990 350SDL
and see what it has in the way of stored codes. Should be interesting…

-D