On Thu, 11 May 2017 07:58:24 -0700
"as.thompson--- via Mercedes" <mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> Curt,
> Not only limit access to a gun but tell you what kind of gun you’re allowed
> to own and how much ammunition you can put in each one. As if any of those
> restrictions on law-abiding citizens will limit what criminals do.
> It’s getting like Alice In Wonderland out there….
> Addison
>
> From: Curt Raymond <curtlud...@yahoo.com>
> Subject: Re: [MBZ] Chicago moves up
> Date: May 10, 2017 at 4:28:23 PM PDT
>

> The anti-gun crowd wants to limit my ability to posses a gun since they
> figure I'll give it to some gangbanger. Its easier to limit my access to a
> gun than to actually deal with the problems of the country.
>
> -Curt
>

> From: Andrew Strasfogel <astrasfo...@gmail.com>
>
> How are you being punished, Curt?
>
> On Wed, May 10, 2017 at 3:41 PM, Curt Raymond <curtlud...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> Presumably, since there are no gun factories in Chicago.
> I just wonder why people in Chicago (and DC and NYC) feel the need to shoot
> each other so much and why we shouldn't focus on that rather than punishing
> all the rest of the country for the actions of the few.
> -Curt

After 65 years of trying unsuccessfully to control crime by banning guns,
it makes one wonder why governments are still trying to do it.

About 65 years ago I sat at a truckstop counter listening to two truckers.
Their conversation went something like this:

Trucker A:
"Florida is a b*tch in the summer with no produce moving north."
"If I could find a load that just paid for fuel, I could get back up north
where there are plenty of loads."

Trucker B:
"You can make fifty dollars taking a footlocker full of guns to a certain state
up north that just made possession without a license a criminal offense." "Lots
of drivers doing that since there is very little risk." I'll give you the
number to call if you're interested."

I got up, paid, and left with a new understanding of "alternate" markets.

---
http://www.avg.com