> Curt wrote:

> I've found that the use of torque wrenches is over blown. If you
> rattlegun the lugnut down to 150#, the torque wrench will click
> over at 80# no problem.

That's not really "use of a torque wrench".  If that technique was
tried anyplace but a tire shop it would be condemned!

Use the impact wrench set to it's lowest setting to spin the nuts
until they touch the rim.  Use the torque wrench to torque them.

I guess expecting a tire shop to correctly use their tools is too
optimistic...

As I understand, the torque limiting extension sockets really
work.  My issue is I grease the lugs, so the dry torque spec. is
way too much.  In general, I do all the tire work myself.