Well, I am sort of back in the saddle.

I picked up Allen this morning.  The shop finished it last night.  She drives
as well as I remember.

NOW, to get the SOB insurance people to do their job.

I paid to ransom my car before the adjuster could get his tow truck over and
steal the car from the shop to send to the CoParts yard.  Insco was supposed to
pay the storage fees, but never did.  When asked this week, they claimed they
had, twice.   When I asked the body shop last week and this, as well as when I
paid to pick up the car, turns out it never had been paid.

I was supposed to sign a settlement at lunch, but there were just too many
balls dropped.  I am holding out for them to get the proper payments made, and
have proof that the title has been cleared, that it never shows as salvage.
When the stars align, then I can sign.

clay

1974 450sl -  Frosch - Two tone green
1986 SDL - Polei
1982 300 SD - Allen

retired models-
2002 s430 - Victor, a Stately & well tailored crap
1976 300D - Blei Vanst - it looks silvery
POS 1987 SDL - Beware Nigerian Scammers