It’s like any online venue - you have to shop smart.  A good example:

I wanted a bench mat with a Walther PPQ exploded view on it, a common pistol
sort of thing that’s handy to have for a number of reasons.  Here’s how they
priced it:

Prime:  $11.00

Other sellers: $7.00 and up

In most cases, the “other sellers” are adding shipping costs on top of their
prices, making Prime a better deal since shipping is “free”.  In this case, a
third party seller had the mat for around $8.00 with free shipping.  Sure, it
came First Class or some other slow boat method, but I wasn’t in a hurry.

Net gain over the river of big women?  About $3.00.  Add to that the seller was
from out of state, so I also dodged the state sales tax on the mat as well, so
I really did better than just the difference.

A lot of people never drill down into the “other sellers” sections and see the
better deals.  Another place you can make out well is their “warehouse deals”.
These are the scratch and dent/returns sort of things they offer.  I’ve done
well on two things there recently:

$130 metal gun cabinet - $72.00 on a warehouse deal.  Had “less than 10%
damage”.  It had a ding on the back of the cabinet that I knocked out with a
deadblow hammer and a two by four.  Heck, it was on the back - I’ll never see
it!

$12.00 pop-up sprinkler head.  Got a brand new one from their warehouse deals
for $3.00 shipped. Sprinkles as well or better than the new one.

-D