I respectfully disagree. I believe all the places that bill you at the end of a trial, or "automatically renew" are a scam, UNLESS YOU SPECIFICALLY TAKE ACTION to allow them to auto renew, or bill you at the end of the trial, etc.

Yes, legally, they informed Gerry, but ONLY if he (you, generically) read ALL the fine print.

Ethically, it is a "PUSH" sale, not an ethical sale, where buyer and seller agree. Unfortunately, "Push" sales have become accepted, even though they are unethical. Being legal does not make it ethical.

Dan Penoff via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>
December 13, 2017 at 9:52 AM
Gerry,

I would respectfully disagree.

When you signed up for Prime, there is a very clearly stated disclaimer that says if you don’t cancel at the end of the 30 day period, you give them permission to charge your credit card. Also:

Membership Cancellation
You may cancel your Prime membership any time by visiting Your Account and adjusting your membership settings. If you cancel within 3 business days of signing up for or converting from a free trial to a paid membership, we will refund your full membership fee; provided that we may charge you (or withhold from your refund) the value of Prime benefits used by you and your account during this 3-business day period. If you cancel at any other time, we will refund your full membership fee only if you and your account did not make any eligible purchases or take advantage of Prime benefits since your latest Prime membership charge. Prime memberships redeemed through a Prime gift code or promotional code are not refundable.

<>
This also says that if you don’t use the Prime membership and you decide to cancel, you can do so at any time and receive a refund.

Gotta read the fine print, buddy. They aren’t out to scam people.

-D