Many people don't understand the difference between MBs and other cars. I had a friend who was looking for a new car - he test drove a new MB and was not impressed. He said a Chev or Ford felt the same way when he tested them. What I could not get him to understand was the difference in quality didn't come when testing a new car. Almost anyone can put a car together that will feel great for the 1st month or 2. It became obvious after 10 or more years with 100K or 200K miles on the clock but with maintenance needed to keep it running properly that quality had to be built in at the beginning. The car magazines all make a similar mistake although they do like to talk about the MBs craftsmanship. But in a week or so driving one they don't really know. If they bought pre-owned like many on the list they might come to understand the importance of owning a car put together like a Swiss watch.

But the less the public knows, the more nice used MBs for us ;-)

LarryT